ZombieQuest

Welcome to ZombieQuest, the best place for people that like zombies and role-play. Even though we accept -in some parts of our forum- guests, they are not allowed to role-play with us or join the Community group in any way. It you would like to join the site, please check the Joining ZombieQuest section and post your application and wait to be accepted before creating an account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ZombieQuest

Welcome to ZombieQuest, the best place for people that like zombies and role-play. Even though we accept -in some parts of our forum- guests, they are not allowed to role-play with us or join the Community group in any way. It you would like to join the site, please check the Joining ZombieQuest section and post your application and wait to be accepted before creating an account.

ZombieQuest

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZombieQuest is a new roleplaying forum created by WolfQuest forum members Sintact, Fawn, Sheeba and Randoven. Users can take the form of an anthro wolf or other specie character and join together in the fight against the zombie apocalypse.

Teleportation Portal

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Juza's absence - March 28th to March 31st
Tips for a good Role-play Post. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 am by Juza

» The Off Topic Topic
Tips for a good Role-play Post. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 pm by Fawn

» Chat and Count up to 40 before the Archetypes eat you.
Tips for a good Role-play Post. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 am by Brynn

» WWYD?
Tips for a good Role-play Post. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:06 pm by Keri

» Open-Discussion : Advertising
Tips for a good Role-play Post. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 pm by Koa

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 53 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:10 am

Tips for a good Role-play Post.

Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : The Captain

Tips for a good Role-play Post. Empty Tips for a good Role-play Post.

Post by Sintact Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:31 pm

(Guide created by Ivory_ at WolfQuest)

Key Points
      • Details
      • Descriptions
      • Quality
      • Time

- Details -----------------
    When writing use lots of details, instead of just saying "the wind blew through the wolf fur" you could add details and say "A cold wind blew through the wolf's thing grey fur". As anxious as you may be to post, remember, we want to make it fun and interesting too!

- Descriptions -----------------
    Describe what you are writing about, your character’s actions, expression, looks, as well as environment your character is in. Paint a picture for the reader. Instead of "the wolf stopped at the lake to drink" you could say "Panting, the tired wolf stopped at the lake to take a drink, the water was cold and clear, As she lapped the water from its surface ripples formed on the waters surface tickling her nose"

If you are the first poster of a particular role play scene, remember set the scene so others can follow. Describe the weather, the time of day and what your wolf is seeing, be creative!

- Quality -----------------

Remember! Quality not quantity, it isn’t about creating the worlds longest post, you want to paint a scene and be descriptive for the reader, but don’t go over board with it, you don’t need to repeat your self 3 times over. If you get across your point, and give some detail about the goings on, Great! Post it!

- Time -----------------

I am sure we do not all type at the same speed, and some of you worry about having everyone posting 3 times to your one, Well if you are worried about this a role-playing with a bunch of people, ask to create a posting order, that way no one gets left behind or ignored! Example Wolf 1 posted followed by Wolves 2, 3 and 4. Keep that same order 1,2,3,4. 1 only posts after 4, 2 after 1, 3 after 2 and so on. Or if you are having a one on one role pay in the middle of a group, you can move your role play to a different area, I am sure the other participant(s) will not mind!

Role Playing is about having fun, we don’t want anyone getting stressed out and left behind in the RP sessions, it isn’t about who can post the most or who can post the fastest, Its important that everyone who wants to be included is!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm