ZombieQuest

Welcome to ZombieQuest, the best place for people that like zombies and role-play. Even though we accept -in some parts of our forum- guests, they are not allowed to role-play with us or join the Community group in any way. It you would like to join the site, please check the Joining ZombieQuest section and post your application and wait to be accepted before creating an account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ZombieQuest

Welcome to ZombieQuest, the best place for people that like zombies and role-play. Even though we accept -in some parts of our forum- guests, they are not allowed to role-play with us or join the Community group in any way. It you would like to join the site, please check the Joining ZombieQuest section and post your application and wait to be accepted before creating an account.

ZombieQuest

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZombieQuest is a new roleplaying forum created by WolfQuest forum members Sintact, Fawn, Sheeba and Randoven. Users can take the form of an anthro wolf or other specie character and join together in the fight against the zombie apocalypse.

Teleportation Portal

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Juza's absence - March 28th to March 31st
Role-play Rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 am by Juza

» The Off Topic Topic
Role-play Rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 pm by Fawn

» Chat and Count up to 40 before the Archetypes eat you.
Role-play Rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 am by Brynn

» WWYD?
Role-play Rules. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:06 pm by Keri

» Open-Discussion : Advertising
Role-play Rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 pm by Koa

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 53 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:10 am

2 posters

Role-play Rules.

Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : The Captain

Role-play Rules. Empty Role-play Rules.

Post by Sintact Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 am

So here we go, the role-playing rules (better not disrespect them!).

1. No power-playing! - We added the Dead Skill feature just to avoid the power-playing with your character. You do not own an awesome Zombie Killer until you get enough skills through time.

2. Your role-play posts should be at least 3 sentences long. If not, they will be considered spam.

3. Be as descriptive as you can, though this is not a rule, descriptions make everything more enjoyable when reading.

4. You can only role-play the weapons you have available in your equipment, unless you find natural resources at the role-play that can be used as weapons (for example, you find a branch and decide to sharpen the tip so you now own a rustic spear). This elements are not going to be shown in your equipment, but you know you own them at the role-play.

5. We accept characters of all types; all animals species, anthropomorphized animals (I recommend using them; much easier to this kind of role-play theme), werewolves, etc. But characters with no powers (a.k.a. usage of thunders, elemental characters, etc) other than physical abilities. The mention of humans is not allowed in ANY way.

6. Try to be realistic in this scenario; your character will be scared, he or she will feel hunger, cold, sunlight, etc.

7. Couples among characters are accepted, but leave all mature content off the Community.

8. Avoid powerplaying/godmodding. This cannot be stressed enough. As 6 said, be realistic. It's frowned upon by many, and it's very rude. Use general Internetiquette. (definitions below)

9. Role-play in third person.

10. Human characters are not allowed.

Last edited by Sintact on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Ganrak
    Ganrak
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : Prince of Thorns

Role-play Rules. Empty Re: Role-play Rules.

Post by Ganrak Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 am

Powerplay
    Power playing occurs in role playing, and it's when you control someone else's character, as well as your own, without the other person's permission.
    EX:

Say that I play Bob, and someone else is Susie.

Bob watched Susie as she started to walk away. he ran up to her, the girl of his dreams, and yelled, "SUSIE, DON"T LEAVE ME!" She turned around, and glared at him, with resentment in her eyes, before walking up to him, slapping him, and then walking away again.

As you can see, if this were a post, I'd be typing Bob's actions, as well as Susie's. The fact that I'm typing Susie's actions is power playing.

Godmodding
    "God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.

- It can be killing or severely injuring a character without the player's express permission.
    - It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
    - It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as Bob, then you cannot have Bob say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.

The absolute worst is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they've made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.
    EX:

Player A: Punches Player B
    Player B: Dodges attack, grabs Player A and throws him. Player A flies at Player B, who warps behind him and slashes Player A in the back.

Internetiquette
    The Internetiquette Code of Ethics (ICE)

While many people and associations are concerned with piracy and copyright issues, they fail to address much more pressing issues, such as Internetiquette and severely heinous e-attitudes (SHEs). The Internet is an anarchical society despite top-down attempts to govern activity. The Internet is free (as in freedom) and with great freedom comes great responsibility.

The Internetiquette Code of Ethics, or ICE, refers to a certain standard of care that is assumed to be respected by an Internet user from the first time that he/she logs onto the Internet until his/her cessation of Internet usage. The ICE covers all Internet activities including, but not limited to, e-mail, instant messaging, social network websites, and blogging.

Breaking The ICE can, and often does, result in the persecution by one’s peers and/or higher authorities.

The ICE

Internet users should at all times avoid actively annoying their “neighbors”.
    Internet users should aim to prevent extraneous and visually offensive content at all costs. This includes, but is not limited to, ugly fonts or typing style, bad web design, spamming, and excessively difficult contact information.
    Internet users should avoid spreading harmful or pestering scripts, software, unintelligent fads etc.

To help you remember these core ICE principals we have created the following acronym (because we like acronyms):

NEVER ANNOY or send UGLY or potentially DAMAGING crap to people you like (NAUD). “NAUD” sounds like “NOT” so you’ll always know “what NAUD to do”. Now NAUD your head in agreement.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm