ZombieQuest

Welcome to ZombieQuest, the best place for people that like zombies and role-play. Even though we accept -in some parts of our forum- guests, they are not allowed to role-play with us or join the Community group in any way. It you would like to join the site, please check the Joining ZombieQuest section and post your application and wait to be accepted before creating an account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ZombieQuest

Welcome to ZombieQuest, the best place for people that like zombies and role-play. Even though we accept -in some parts of our forum- guests, they are not allowed to role-play with us or join the Community group in any way. It you would like to join the site, please check the Joining ZombieQuest section and post your application and wait to be accepted before creating an account.

ZombieQuest

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZombieQuest is a new roleplaying forum created by WolfQuest forum members Sintact, Fawn, Sheeba and Randoven. Users can take the form of an anthro wolf or other specie character and join together in the fight against the zombie apocalypse.

Teleportation Portal

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Juza's absence - March 28th to March 31st
Suggestions and Ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 am by Juza

» The Off Topic Topic
Suggestions and Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 pm by Fawn

» Chat and Count up to 40 before the Archetypes eat you.
Suggestions and Ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 am by Brynn

» WWYD?
Suggestions and Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:06 pm by Keri

» Open-Discussion : Advertising
Suggestions and Ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 pm by Koa

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 53 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:10 am

+4
Fawn
Ganrak
Koa
Sintact
8 posters

Suggestions and Ideas.

Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : The Captain

Suggestions and Ideas. Empty Suggestions and Ideas.

Post by Sintact Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 pm

If you have any ideas for ZombieQuest, this is where you can comment about it and write them down. We want this place to be a pleasure for everyone and if you feel something is missing, it do not hesitate to say so. Good ideas will be rewarded with Dead Skill (2%) and Bullets (2 bullets per idea applied to the page).
    Koa
    Koa
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : Lord Biscuit

Suggestions and Ideas. Empty Re: Suggestions and Ideas.

Post by Koa Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:07 pm

An RP area for the official graveyard site of WolfQuest would be amazing. Not sure how that would work out, but it would be an interesting reference just to throw out there for not entirely serious roleplay.
    Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Sintact Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 pm

That's a great idea, Koa, we will surely add that later on when we are done with the main role-playing areas. It will be interesting to see how we role-play in the destroyed and old WolfQuest City haha.
    Koa
    Koa
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : Lord Biscuit

Post by Koa Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seem to overlap in purpose -- i.e, technically health bars and so forth seem to affect roleplaying in some way, shape, or form, but are located in an additional Guides forum that is not under the Roleplaying category.

For the first Guide board, under the Roleplaying section, I would recommend getting rid of that forum and just sticking both topics of the topics there (Roleplay Rules & Tips for a good roleplay post) in the main roleplay board so that they are still in a roleplay-related board, but so that users do not get confused or overlook your other, somewhat roleplay-based yet more general guide forum. Now, if you planned on adding a lot more roleplaying guides in the guide board for roleplaying, then sure, I would keep it. You may want to edit the title at least though to say "Roleplaying Guides," just so that it is more clear.

If I notice anything else that needs organizing, I'll share it here.
    Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Sintact Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm

You are right, I will start moving some topics and change the forum name in order to leave everything that is role-play related in one place, and other Community stuff where it really belongs.
    Ganrak
    Ganrak
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : Prince of Thorns

Post by Ganrak Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 pm

The idea of some kind of images for equipment might be interesting. Like, very small icons in their signature or so to display what they have with them.

Just a small idea that can be bent into another. If I ever get some time I could even offer making a small pixel of characters with such buuuuut I dunno.

Again, ideas thrown out there.
    Fawn
    Fawn
    Archetype
    Archetype

Title : Lion King

Post by Fawn Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:57 am

I suggest that the Exchange House be moved into its own forum, or into the roleplay forum. Since it is in general discussion right now, I feel like it might get buried and forgotten because it is mostly surrounded by administrative topics. This way, more people will be able to see it/use it.
    Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Sintact Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 am

Fidd, your idea is really good, and I agree; we should look for a way to add icons for the equipment.

I will move the exchange house to the role-play info and guides.
    Brynn
    Brynn
    Scout
    Scout

Post by Brynn Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 am

I love the fact that you can but horses at the exchange house, but I suggest we biild on it.

Supplies:

Accessories for your horse: saddle, reins, lead, zombie protection armor; things like that.

Another thing I think might be fun is writing descriptions of the horses that can be bought.

Ex:

(Insert pic here)

Breed: appaloosa
    Height: 5'3 at the shoulders
    Weight: 300 pounds (I dunno)
    Condition: Healthy and tame, though she is getting older and is showin minor signs of malnourishment.
    Colors: predominantly white with scatterd brown spots on her torso and head.
    Markings: she's dotted with 'freckles' on varying parts of her body.
    Build: very sure footed an great for mountain terrain though she isn't very fast. She has been trained to pull a cart.

Bla bla bla

Maybe I'm over complicating things a bit.....
    Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Sintact Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 am

That's a good idea, Brynn! We will add that information so that members that get to buy a horse, may add the description to their biographies (because having more information at the profile, with all the other things we are planning, might be a little too much). If it's okay with you, at the descriptions of the equipment items and the basic biography guidelines, we will suggest that users that has a horse or other kind of living equipment, may add a description about it.

I'll add your 2 bullets and 2% dead skill for your suggestion.
    Ganrak
    Ganrak
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Ganrak Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 am

Perhaps just slightly, but the idea of being able to purchase armor and things for your horse is a great idea.

Being able to view the breed and basic markings of your horse would be cool, too. Or perhaps there can be a limit amount at one time and you can choose which you want... Etc. etc.
    Rua
    Rua
    Healer
    Healer

Title : Absconding Vixen

Post by Rua Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:03 pm

I like the horse breeding idea too.

Another thing you could possibly buy at the exchange house is dogs, mainly guard dogs. Different breeds cost more than others, eg. a Russell terrier is about 15 bullets, while a irish wolf dog would be able 50 bullets.
    I am not good at prices :U

Also, I dunno if this is a thing or not but, maybe members would take turns in keeping watch at night, to alert the camp if they are under a wave of zombies, and to kill any zombies that get to close and avoid injuries. There could be a 'timetable' where 2 members have a certain night to keep watch at.

Also I have an idea for a new rank, possibly:
    A raider (not-best-name): A more 'elite' gatherer, instead of focusing on hunting for food, they hunt for information, weapons, other groups, etc. Anything that may raise the chances of survival in this current, apocalyptic time. They can either travel in groups, and actually raid other camps for anything/everything they can find. (Note: This means they will probably need a horse straight away, but it can be a average horse and they can 'upgrade' when they get the money.) Or they can travel alone, gather information from others and possibly create alliances. (If we ever do create other packs, this could be an option if members roleplay them.)

Also, we could create other packs within this community, for example if members want to join they have an option of joining another pack if they want. Also current members will be given the option to move pack if they so wish.
    Ganrak
    Ganrak
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Ganrak Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Rua wrote:I like the horse breeding idea too.

Another thing you could possibly buy at the exchange house is dogs, mainly guard dogs. Different breeds cost more than others, eg. a Russell terrier is about 15 bullets, while a irish wolf dog would be able 50 bullets.
    I am not good at prices :U
    This was actually an idea that's been dancing around my head for a while. Trained dogs would be quite interesting, and I wouldn't see why they wouldn't have them for both companionship and as war canines.

Also we should have exclusive dogs that are... Zombie-like or mutated on special occasions.

Rua wrote:Also, I dunno if this is a thing or not but, maybe members would take turns in keeping watch at night, to alert the camp if they are under a wave of zombies, and to kill any zombies that get to close and avoid injuries. There could be a 'timetable' where 2 members have a certain night to keep watch at.
    This will definitely be discussed as it is a good and interesting idea.

Rua wrote:Also I have an idea for a new rank, possibly:
    A raider (not-best-name): A more 'elite' gatherer, instead of focusing on hunting for food, they hunt for information, weapons, other groups, etc. Anything that may raise the chances of survival in this current, apocalyptic time. They can either travel in groups, and actually raid other camps for anything/everything they can find. (Note: This means they will probably need a horse straight away, but it can be a average horse and they can 'upgrade' when they get the money.) Or they can travel alone, gather information from others and possibly create alliances. (If we ever do create other packs, this could be an option if members roleplay them.)
    There's actually some "professions" being processed much like this, and this is an idea that I find to tickle my fancy, thus I will see if I can apply it either directly or through the general idea.

Rua wrote:Also, we could create other packs within this community, for example if members want to join they have an option of joining another pack if they want. Also current members will be given the option to move pack if they so wish.
    You mean like tribes? Different groups and gangs and tribes (seeing as "packs" would seem sorta overused) that run different ways?
    Perhaps we should wait til we have a lot more members, but this is, all in all, a good idea as well.
    Rua
    Rua
    Healer
    Healer

Post by Rua Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Yeah. Packs was just the first thing that came to mind. Tribes would be a better word for it.
    And thanks for the input as well and such.

Zombie/mutated dogs would be interesting, especially if a 'batch' of dogs went bad and cause mayhem from inside the camp. :>
    Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Sintact Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 am

We will add the option of buying a dog and buying different breeds of horses. Now I need someone who knows about horse breeds that could help with the physical characteristics of each breed (speed, stamina, etc) so we can add a price to them.

I really like the new rank idea you have, Rua, as Ganrak said, we have a couple new ranks ideas in our minds.

The tribe concept is really interesting, though we need to see how that works, I suppose we would need a lot of members for having two or three different complete tribes. Maybe that could be more of a role-play event; where the main group splits out because of some reason.
    Ganrak
    Ganrak
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Ganrak Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 am

We can take the idea a step further by having each tribe have some sort of event sort of like the Olympics from time to time? Like have Ganrak and Sintact build an arena of sorts and have little contests?
    Brynn
    Brynn
    Scout
    Scout

Post by Brynn Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Maybe a hatchet could be added to the weapon list?

Hatchets are da bomb
    Rua
    Rua
    Healer
    Healer

Post by Rua Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Gathers should get hatches. Making their job as gathers a bit easier maybe?
    Sintact
    Sintact
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Sintact Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Ganrak wrote:We can take the idea a step further by having each tribe have some sort of event sort of like the Olympics from time to time? Like have Ganrak and Sintact build an arena of sorts and have little contests?
    That is a cool idea haha, I really like that. We should do it.
    Jeb
    Jeb
    Outsider
    Outsider

Title : Self Proclaimed Kingship

Post by Jeb Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm

It would be nice if HTML was allowed in our posts. ;-;

"Congrats, User A! You posted 1,000,000 times this month. You earn bullets!"

"Sorry, User B. You only posted 999,999 times. Better luck next month!"

Members can earn bullets for being the top poster of the month, but I think all members should have the opportunity to earn bullets after they post a certain amount of times. It would be a more feasible incentive, especially for newcomers who join in the middle of a month or something. And it's only five days into this current month, and several users have already posted a reasonable amount of times. I can only imagine what the post numbers will be at the end of the month, so I think several members deserve rewards instead of only one. :>

Buyable Item Suggestions:
    I'm going to wing it and throw these all at you. Bahaha.
    - matches
    - deadly cooking utensils-for-weapons (pans, spoons, butter knives, cheese graters)
    - rubber band gun (plz plz plz)
    - sleeping bag
    - pillow
    - throne
    - MIRROR
    - aviator shades (oh please oh please)
    - boomerang (ahhhh yeah)
    - slingshot
    - wire or string to make snares out of...?
    - pocket knife
    - fish hook (although I doubt there's water sources with consumable fish)
    - flashlight
    - batteries
    - sais
    - nun chucks
    - colored eye masks (a-dult mutant ninja anthros, nanananana~ hehe, jussssst kidding)
    - walkie talkiessss
    - canned soda (The Road, anyone?)
    - toilet paper (LOL no)

I would really like to see someone's character brandish a cheese grater.

Maybe there's a snack vending machine at the base camp, and members can earn change to get a snack from it. Granted, a snack that's most likely expired, but a SNACK NONETHELESS.

Speaking of change, what if there's a Chucky Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza, or someplace similar that the group discovers. CAN WE EARN CHANGE TO PLAY THE GAMES AND RIDE THE RIDES AND RACE THE CARS PLZ?

Sethos... There'd be no power supply...

Well, you see, if everyone invests in batteries, we can combine them together and construct a larger battery or generator of some sort and we could supply this place with power. THIS IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE GUYS.

NPC Suggestion:

farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4911782561_84ea332a6e_m.jpg

No Man, No Season, No Hunter, No Zombie, Can Stop Him.

How could you say no?

Last edited by Jeb on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : BECAUSE I WANTED TO. >:CCCC STOP ASKING MEEEE.)
    Ganrak
    Ganrak
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Ganrak Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 am

Ahh. Thank you for all the suggestions, Sethos. It's always nice to get a bunch from everyone. Helps us understand how we can better the forum. A lot of these were actually ideas we've been discussing/etc. so trust me, these help a lot. <3
    Jeb wrote:1.
    It would be nice if HTML was allowed in our posts. ;-;
    I have actually been sitting on this idea for a while. Honestly it was something I was against for a while, I'm not sure why, and it had no hope of happening. However, due to some recent... Happenings, it is very likely this will be enabled due to the fact that there are some things we really need it for.
    Jeb wrote:2.
    "Congrats, User A! You posted 1,000,000 times this month. You earn bullets!"

"Sorry, User B. You only posted 999,999 times. Better luck next month!"

Members can earn bullets for being the top poster of the month, but I think all members should have the opportunity to earn bullets after they post a certain amount of times. It would be a more feasible incentive, especially for newcomers who join in the middle of a month or something. And it's only five days into this current month, and several users have already posted a reasonable amount of times. I can only imagine what the post numbers will be at the end of the month, so I think several members deserve rewards instead of only one. :>
    The reward system is still a WIP, but I have to agree with you completely, I was hoping that more places for rewards would be available. (Because it's unfair how some one could be posting really good roleplay posts as much as they can but the person that does nothing but post on forum games gets the reward instead...?)
    Jeb wrote:3.
    Buyable Item Suggestions:
    I'm going to wing it and throw these all at you. Bahaha.
    - matches Keep these away from Red.
    - deadly cooking utensils-for-weapons (pans, spoons, butter knives, cheese graters) I personally wanted a ZOMBIE SLAYING FRYING PAN.
    - rubber band gun (plz plz plz) Already an idea for Ganrak's shop.
    - sleeping bag We have tents, but this is also a good idea.
    - pillow For nothing more/less than pillow fights.
    - throne No.
    - MIRROR |:
    - aviator shades (oh please oh please) Genius.
    - boomerang (ahhhh yeah) For reasons.
    - slingshot Also already a Ganrak possibility.
    - wire or string to make snares out of...? Material coming up from the Scrapyard.
    - pocket knife With a whine opener, please.
    - fish hook (although I doubt there's water sources with consumable fish) There are clean lakes and fishing rods are already available.
    - flashlight Good replacement for lanturns.
    - batteries If we can find any, yes.
    - sais Already a possibility at the blacksmith. Please continue suggesting weapons, though. And tipping him. The more you tip him, the higher the possibility for him to add new items to his list!
    - nun chucks Another Ganrak possibility.
    - colored eye masks (a-dult mutant ninja anthros, nanananana~ hehe, jussssst kidding) For those pillow fights.
    - walkie talkiessss Because OVER AND OUT. Very good idea though.
    - canned soda (The Road, anyone?) Yes because references.
    - toilet paper (LOL no) Why not.

I would really like to see someone's character brandish a cheese grater. As would I.
    Ahhh yes. Supply suggestions are alllways welcomed! A lot of these are actually really good, seeing that it seems we missed a few making the list as is. (A new list is being made, more stuff will be added onto it accordingly.) Please continue to suggest any material/equipment ideas, if you can. <3
    Jeb wrote:4.
    Maybe there's a snack vending machine at the base camp, and members can earn change to get a snack from it. Granted, a snack that's most likely expired, but a SNACK NONETHELESS.

Speaking of change, what if there's a Chucky Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza, or someplace similar that the group discovers. CAN WE EARN CHANGE TO PLAY THE GAMES AND RIDE THE RIDES AND RACE THE CARS PLZ?

Sethos... There'd be no power supply...

Well, you see, if everyone invests in batteries, we can combine them together and construct a larger battery or generator of some sort and we could supply this place with power. THIS IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE GUYS.
    First of all, we do have a power supply. Ganrak has one set up for the Main Camp (along with DECENT plumbing...) It's a massive generator, but it's power is almost always only used to power things that they really need. (As well as the occasional oven, lights, and even turrets in the near future.)
    As for getting a snack machine of sorts or vending machine, you'll have to take that up with Kovar Steelbones and his tavern. He sells food there, but he'll only ever add better quality foods if people tip him enough.

Jeb wrote:5.
    NPC Suggestion:

farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4911782561_84ea332a6e_m.jpg

No Man, No Season, No Hunter, No Zombie, Can Stop Him.

How could you say no?
    No.
    :>

In any case, thank you verrry much for all of these Sethos. You should check your inventory.
    Jeb
    Jeb
    Outsider
    Outsider

Post by Jeb Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:11 pm

The Scrapyard. Of courssse there is a power supply. Apologies. I tend to skim over role play areas until I finish my characters.

...not that the suggestion was a serious one in the first place. :I It wasn't.

And I will continue thinking of some more ideas for weapons. {:

Ganrak
    Ganrak
    Archetype
    Archetype

Post by Ganrak Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Serious or not, they were fun to read over.

And it's okay I do that, too.
    Jeb
    Jeb
    Outsider
    Outsider

Post by Jeb Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

OH, and I checked my inventory and ajdfifoad. You are the best Randy everrrr.

MAX TOLERATION POINTS GOOO.

Weapons Suggestions:
    (Apologies if some are already available or planned to be.)
    - mace
    - dead ringer (... {: )
    - crossbow or chu ko nu as a bow and arrow alternative
    - scythe
    - baseball bat
    - golf club
    - kpinga
    - sickle sword
    - macuahuitl
    - cutlass (Pirate swag)
    - scimitar
    - chakram
    - wind-and-fire wheels
    - katar
    - zhua (rod/staff or cord)
    - hook swords
    - giant shark lance
    - kelewang

Koba
    Koba
    Outsider
    Outsider

Title : Can Town Mayor

Post by Koba Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 pm

i was thinking maybe gauntlets could be added to the weapons list, and bringing in different kinds of metal to upgrade them and such

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:41 pm